FG confirms Muslim News story, says Nigeria not facing entry ban into Saudi Arabia

Disclaimer courtesy of NAHCON

* Viral memo on Nigeria’s inclusion in the ban list is false: Minister

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Monday clarified that Nigeria is not on the list of countries facing an entry ban into Saudi Arabia from April 13.

Foreign Affairs Minister Yusuf Tuggar issued the clarification through a statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Communications Strategy, Alkasim Abdulkadir.

Recall that Muslim News had earlier quoted a source from the Saudi Arabia Embassy in Nigeria dismissing the viral memo, describing it as fake.

The Saudi Tourism Centre also debunked the document as unofficial when contacted by TheCable.

The agency told TheCable that the only circular issued by the Saudi authorities were guidelines around hajj travels.

The viral document

Despite the denial, several online media continued to share the fake news until Monday, when the ministry warned against spreading of unverified news.

The minister said Saudi authorities have officially confirmed that the viral memo suggesting Nigeria’s inclusion in the ban list is false.

He called the document, which named Nigeria, Egypt, India, Pakistan and others as banned, misleading and inaccurate.

“The Saudi Tourism Centre confirmed no such directive exists. Current official travel guidelines only apply to the Hajj pilgrimage.

Disclaimer courtesy of NAHCON

“To clarify, the only restriction concerns tourist visa holders during the Hajj period,” Tuggar said.

“The Hajj visa remains the only valid entry permit for pilgrims during that time,” the minister stressed.

Tuggar advised the public to ignore the misleading memo and confirm travel details through official sources before making plans.

“Sharing unverified information causes confusion and may affect travel arrangements,” he warned.

“For accurate updates, travellers should consult official Saudi sources, the Nigerian Foreign Ministry, or recognised diplomatic channels,” he added.

NAN

Sponsored

SUPPORT MUSLIM NEWS NIGERIA

With your generous financial contributions to MUSLIM NEWS, you are helping to sustain a culture of journalistic integrity that promotes tranquil Islamic values and ensures it remains free and available to all.

BANK TRANSFER

Rawshield PR Company

0568624004

Guaranty Trust Bank

By Muslim News Nigeria

Muslim News, a publication of Rawshield PR Media, is a mouthpiece for underreported Muslim achievers and events in Nigeria and across the world, which are never given prominence in the mainstream media.

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *