Viewers’ discretion: Muslim Community releases names, pictures of 10 victims of IPOB killing in Port Harcourt

The Port Harcourt Muslim community has revealed the identities of ten of their members who were reportedly murdered by an outlawed group, Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) at different locations in Rivers State.

Muslim News had earlier reported how ten Muslims died while several others sustained various degrees of injuries during the attacks that rocked places such as Oil Mill Market, Rumukushi, Oyigbo, Eleme, among others, between Tuesday and Wednesday, October 20-21.

The son of the Seriki Hausa community at Eleme, Alhaji Attahiru Shittu was among three victims allegedly burnt beyond recognition by the outlawed terrorist group.

Corpses recovered from Boro Pit

To further ascertain their claims, the bereaved community compiled and exclusively released the names of the victims to Muslim News, Nigeria’s most authoritative Islamic newspaper, established to give special media attention and coverage to important people and events in the life of Muslims that do not gain attention in the mainstream media.

The Nigerian Muslims had accused the media of not giving the series of mortal attacks on their brethren befitting coverage on their respective media, the same way they would have done, if it were to be members of other tribal and religious persuasions.

While thanking Muslim News for the coverage, the Imam of Trailer park Central Mosque, Alhaji Akilu Muhammad said the victims corpses, ten in number, were discovered and retrieved at different locations in Port Harcourt.

Burnt victims

He said, apart from Yahya Shittu (1), the son of the Seriki Hausa community at Eleme, who was burnt at Eleme junction, two other corpses (Adamu Bello and Amadu Bello) were recovered on Sunday inside Boro pit.

There remaining seven victims are:

4. Sulaiman Dan Lafiya Killed and burnt at Obibo
5. Ibrahim Abdullahi killed and burnt at Irebehe
6. Idris Bello killed at Irebehe, Oyigbo
7. Isa Kaki ‘no be leather’ killed at Irebehe Oyigbo
8. Abubakar Me turare killed at Rumuokwrushi
9. Isiyaka Ibrahim killed at Rumuokwurushi.

Alhaji Akilu confirmed that nine victims had been buried in accordance to the Islamic rite, adding that, “The corpse of the last victim, which is no 10, Babangida Sulaiman, couldn’t be found because he was thrown into the river.”

Burial of the victims

The spokesman of the Muslim community appreciated the Commissioner of Police and 2ic Mopol 56 who assisted them with team of gallant officers to rescue some of their members from imminent attacks from the IPOB members.

“With the help of the police and the Mopol, we were able to rescue a woman and her two children at Afam. We also saved a police officer’s wife, whose identity was kept secret. Names of 12 people we rescued and their details are highlighted below:

Some of the rescued members

1. Aliyu Abubakar
2. Abdullahi Adamu
3. Abdullahi Ahmadu
4. Usman Musa
5. Yakubu Umar
6. Isyaku Sulaiman
7. Hassan Aminu
8. Hassan Sulaiman
9. Sanni Shittu
10. Abdullahi Usman
11. Idris Umaru
12. Sulaiman Hassan

Security officers on rescue mission

The community called on the Muslims in Nigeria and across the world to come to their aid and support the no fewer than 2000 Muslims who have turned internally displaced persons at Oil Mill Kara (Cattle Market).

Here is the account details to support the community: Islamic Education and Propagation Committee 0024025781 Union Bank.

Trucks load of goods was also burnt
Some of the leaders

Imam Akilu called on the Muslims to be calm and remain law abiding, saying that Islam is a religion of peace and do not allow reprisal, even though our properties have been destroyed.

Sponsored

SUPPORT MUSLIM NEWS NIGERIA

With your generous financial contributions to MUSLIM NEWS, you are helping to sustain a culture of journalistic integrity that promotes tranquil Islamic values and ensures it remains free and available to all.

BANK TRANSFER

Rawshield PR Company

0568624004

Guaranty Trust Bank

By Muslim News Nigeria

Muslim News, a publication of Rawshield PR Media, is a mouthpiece for underreported Muslim achievers and events in Nigeria and across the world, which are never given prominence in the mainstream media.

Related Post

16 thoughts on “Viewers’ discretion: Muslim Community releases names, pictures of 10 victims of IPOB killing in Port Harcourt”
  1. May Allah forgive the deceased, admit them to Jannah and have mercy on the living and those they left behind.

  2. Ya, Allah, Ya Salaam, Ya Rasaq, Ya Ganiyy
    May all the names above and other most beautiful names of Allah SWT be sufficient for the living, sick, bereaved and all those who have lost their properties
    May Allah suffice you all and reward your patience with abundant blessings
    We share your grief
    May Allah grant the dead Aljanna Firdaus

  3. Indeed, death is the end of every mortals, may Allah have repose to their souls and may jannatul firdausi be there final abode Ameeen ya hayyu ya qayyum.

  4. Inna lillahi wa Inna ilaihi rajiun 😭, may the soul of the departed rest in perfect peace, may their massacre not be in vain, those who did this will never find peace in Sha Allah.

  5. May Allah forgive their shortcomings and grant them jqnnatu firdaus.
    May He save us from the hands of the evil doers. Aameen

  6. May Allah! forgive the deceased and give the ummah the fortitude to bear, please be patient, remain peaceful, and law abiding, and may Allah also enrich those who incurred material and other form of losses ameen.

  7. They died as matyres , Aljana Firdaous is their abode by the special grace of Allah. But to the evil perpetrators, Nemesis shall caught them very soon.

  8. Its very unfortunate that our Media are biased on reporting , particularly on Sensitive Islamic Issues.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *