The unfortunate knife attack of Thursday October 29 in France, saw three people dead but the French Islamophobic authorities believed it was carried out by ‘Islamic terrorist’, who allegedly screamed ‘Allahu Akbar’, in an attempt to ‘avenge’ Prophet Muhammad (SAW), whose honour, according to them, has been ridiculed by the controversial French newspapers, Charlie Hebdo.
The spontaneous reactions from across the Muslim world to the deliberate provocation championed by President Emmanuel Macron is expected. It shows that the about 2 billion Muslims worldwide are ready to “Soro soke” (a yoruba word for “speak up”) against any assault on the personality of their Prophet (SAW).
We at Muslim News Nigeria condemn the laced knife attack, though president Emmanuel Macron hasn’t condemned the stabbing of the two Muslim ladies by two French terrorists in Paris’ Eiffel Tower for more than one week.
We therefore use this medium to warn those who wish to avenge blasphemous attacks on Prophet Muhammad (SAW) not to go violent, especially on innocent citizens of other religions. Two wrongs don’t make a right.
Hence, apart from #BoycottFranceProducts which has gained wider acceptance in the Arab countries, we have also carefully selected 10 steps to be taken by individuals or groups in the defence of Rasul, especially at a time the Muslim world is celebrating his glorious birth to the world.
1. Be the first to condemn in strong terms, any attempt to insult Prophet Muhammad (SAW) or other symbols of Islam. Don’t wait for non-Muslims to do it for you.
2. Express your disappointment over the attack on the personality of Rasul (SAW) through the media (TV, radio, newspapers and social media) even if it is obvious that the Islamophobic media might not publish it.
3. Formally register your objection with the authorities especially in countries (such as Nigeria) where there are Human Rights Organisations and in Islamic countries where there are Ministries of Religious Affairs or Islamic Affairs, etc.
4. Imams at different masaajid, including the three Holy Mosques must use the mimbar during Jumu’ah services and daily Solawaat to educate Muslims on the universality of Prophet Muhammad’s message to mankind and the implications of insulting him.
5. Sponsor programmes on radio/TV/Newspaper columns in defence of the Prophet (SAW) and express support. There are eloquent brethren and prolific Muslim writers who could do this effortlessly. There must also be critical articles for publications, even if they have to be advertorial.
6. Organise processions with the intent of creating awareness about the personality of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) with different captivating placards and banners.
In a country like France, a peaceful procession of sizeable number could be held. Press conferences could be organised and press releases issued to condemn the needless provocation and attack on the sensibilities of the Muslims.
NOTE: It’s not the best time to hold large gatherings at the moment in a country like Nigeria due to the devastating effects of #EndSARS protests.
7. Hold a public debate with non-Muslims, addressing the mercy of Prophet Muhammad to mankind. This is the best time comparative lecturers can review their topics of engagement to focus on the Personality of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and emphasize why it’s a red line (to the Muslims) for anyone under whatever guise to insult our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
8. Those in the movie production and film industry should not be left behind here, as they need to produce short or long video documentaries that summarise the unique character and exemplary life of the best man ever created, Muhammad Mustafa (SAW).
9. Print books, leaflets, fliers on the Personality of Prophet Muhammad in different languages, and distribute them at varying places, especially Jumu’ah centres.
10. You do not need money or resources to tell your non-Muslim friends, boss, colleagues and family members about the Personality of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Many do not know about him, and are unaware of his unquantifiable contributions to humanity. Take your time to tell them about this great man, and dispel all the lies and propaganda against him.
SUPPORT MUSLIM NEWS NIGERIA
With your generous financial contributions to MUSLIM NEWS, you are helping to sustain a culture of journalistic integrity that promotes tranquil Islamic values and ensures it remains free and available to all.