The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has called on all Hajj stakeholders particularly intending pilgrims to be patient, saying the Saudi Hajj ministry is yet to make an official pronouncement regarding the 2021 Hajj.
The body responsible for organising Hajj and Umrah activities in Nigeria was reacting to the statement released by the Saudi Ministry of Health on Sunday, suggesting that only 60,000 local and foreign pilgrims will be scheduled to perform Hajj this year.
In statement issued by the Head of Public Affairs unit, Fatima Sanda Usara, on Sunday, NAHCON said the information shared by the Ministry of Health isn’t conclusive, thereby urging all stakeholders, including prospective pilgrims to wait for the finalization and release of this year’s Hajj guidelines from Saudi Arabian Ministry of Hajj and Umrah affairs.
The statement reads: “…NAHCON as a body officially responsible for organizing Hajj and Umrah activities in Nigeria notices an information on 2021 Hajj making rounds most especially in the social media relating to guidelines for this year’s Hajj.”
“The Commission would like to clarify that so far, the material is emanating from the Saudi Ministry of Health as suggestive guidelines for a peculiar Hajj upended by COVID-19. The Commission is fully aware of the very important role of the health ministry in Hajj planning in Saudi Arabia therefore is not in doubt on the possibility of it being adopted.
“However, the Commission would like to draw the attention of the general public that the finality of Hajj guidelines will come from the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Hajj and Umrah which will either endorse the released guidelines or issue the final position of the Kingdom contrary to what has been so far released by the Ministry of Health, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
“Therefore, until the said ministry of Hajj and Umrah releases the guidelines on its website and formally communicates to Nigeria, NAHCON humbly urges the public to consider the information being circulated as guidelines for 2021 Hajj as inconclusive.
“The Commission will not fail to keep the public updated as soon as an official stand is finalized by the kingdom. NAHCON understands the anxious wait by the public, especially by Hajj and Umrah stakeholders regarding 2021, in order to make their final decisions and preparations. The Commission trusts that Saudi Arabia is considerate of all happenings and will soon make a proclamation on Hajj 2021 in the interest of all Muslims as promised.
“While we all keep our fingers crossed, we urge all Hajj stakeholders and intending pilgrims to remain patient and accept in good faith whatever decision the Kingdom will take with regards to Hajj. NAHCON will keep working for the best bargains in the interest of all its stakeholders”, the statement added.
APPLICATION FOR 2022 HAJJ LICENCE AND SLOT ALLOCATION FOR TRAVEL AGENCIES
IN PICTURES: What led to the establishment of Muslim News, Nigeria’s most authoritative Islamic Newspaper
SUPPORT MUSLIM NEWS NIGERIA
With your generous financial contributions to MUSLIM NEWS, you are helping to sustain a culture of journalistic integrity that promotes tranquil Islamic values and ensures it remains free and available to all.
Rawshield PR Company
Guaranty Trust Bank