As the world rallies against the Coronavirus pandemic, the Muslim Coalition Against COVID-19 comprising 45 prominent Islamic organisations across Nigeria, has launched a N500 million appeal fund initiative as an intervention to support the government and citizens in the face of the pandemic.
The Chairman of the Coalition’s Publicity Committee, Mr Abdulwasiu Abiola said the coalition has put together a series of far-reaching programmes to complement ongoing government efforts at mitigating the impacts of the disease and the lockdown on the populace.
In a statement made available to Muslim News on Sunday, Mr. Abiola said four states of the federation have been selected for a pilot scheme before the subsequent roll out across the entire country.
“To ensure effectiveness, efficiency and transparency of fund mobilization and relief operations, Mr Abiola said the coalition has constituted eight committees manned by experienced Muslim professionals, technocrats and academics from various backgrounds,” he added.
He disclosed that the committees include Audit, Account, Publicity, Logistics, Fund Mobilization, Medicals, Government Liaison, and Monitoring and Evaluation.
“In the coming days, the coalition will unveil its work plan, programme schedule and its vision to stand side-by-side with the Nigerian people to win the fight against COVID-19 insha Allah,” Abiola said.
MUSLIM COALITION AGAINST COVID-19
A coalition of Nigerian Muslim organisations working together with other stakeholders to form a common front, supporting and assisting the nationwide intervention and relief efforts.
1. Muslim Public Affairs Centre (MPAC)
2. The Muslim Congress (TMC)
3. Al-Usrah Inc. Port Harcourt
4. Muslim Media Practitioners of Nigeria.
5. Islamic Forum of Nigeria, Kano
6. Sakinah Medical Outreach
7. Islamic Medical Association of Nigeria (IMAN)
8. ClearPath Islamic Centre
9. Islamic Education and Faith Initiative, Magodo, Lagos
10. The Companion
11. Federation of Muslim Women Associations in Nigeria (FOMWAN)
12. Hijab Rights Advocacy Initiative
13. University of Lagos Muslim Alumni (UMA)
14. Nigeria Aid Group of Islam
15. Movement for Islamic Culture and Awareness (MICA)
16. Muslim Welfare Fund
17. Zakat and Sadaqah Foundation (ZSF)
18. Network for Democracy and Development (NDD)
19. Islamic Impact Centre
20. Association of Muslim Professionals, (AMP)
21. Nasrul-Lahi-L-Fatih Society (NASFAT)
22. Obafemi Awolowo University Muslim Graduates’ Association
23. NASFAT Agency for Zakat and Sadaqah (NAZAS)
24. Guild of Muslim Professionals (GMP)
25. NASFAT Relief Initiative
26. The Criterion
27. Forum for Islamic Education and Welfare
28. Zakat and Awqaaf Amana Foundation
29. The National Council of Muslim Youth Organisations (NACOMYO)
30. Islamic Education Trust, Minna, Niger State
31. Islamic Mission for Africa (IMA)
32. Human Concern Foundation International (HCFI)
33. Pious Muslim Women International Organization
34. The Academy, Lagos
35. Yaba College of Technology Muslim Alumni (YMA)
36. Muslim Student Society of Nigeria
37. Pink Clinic Radio- Diagnostics Centre, Maiduguri
38. Ansar-Ud-Deen Youth Association of Nigeria (ADYAN), Lagos State Council
39. Da’wah Front of Nigeria
40. Al-Furqan Nigeria
41. Al-Habibiyyah Islamic Society, Abuja
42. Muslim Association of Visually Impaired of Nigeria-MAVIN
43. Al Muminaat (The Believing Women)
44. Pure Heart Islamic Foundation of Nigeria (PHF)
45. Da’wah and Guidance Bureau of Nigeria (DGBN)
The coalition aims to be a common front for Nigerian Muslims to organise and focus their efforts in a coordinated and integrated form.
“…if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.” Qur’an 5: 32
APPLICATION FOR 2022 HAJJ LICENCE AND SLOT ALLOCATION FOR TRAVEL AGENCIES
IN PICTURES: What led to the establishment of Muslim News, Nigeria’s most authoritative Islamic Newspaper
SUPPORT MUSLIM NEWS NIGERIA
With your generous financial contributions to MUSLIM NEWS, you are helping to sustain a culture of journalistic integrity that promotes tranquil Islamic values and ensures it remains free and available to all.
Rawshield PR Company
Guaranty Trust Bank