REJOINDER ON THE PURPORTED VISIT OF THE LEADERSHIP OF MSSN ENDORSING THE VICE PRESIDENT. PROF. YEMI OSIBANJO
It is pertinent and ad rem at this point to make clarifications.
* I, Ustaz Shehu Usman have attended a SPECIAL MEETING OF INTELLECTUALS AND ULAMAS WITH HIS EXCELLENCY, THE VICE PRESIDENT.
Which was an invitation from the Office of the Vice President through the Office Imam to CYD (Community and Youths Development) which I am a member.
* It was not a meeting of Vice President with Islamic Organizations
‘TELL OF HIS LOVE FOR ALL NIGERIANS’ (in the original headline of the press release issued by the VP media aide) is, a media extortion. The agenda for the meeting that came from the Office of the VP is here annexed.
MY TAKE UP
On Wednesday 23rd March 2022, I missed the call of Dr. Tahir U Tahir (Former Adviser to President Good luck Jonathan on Religious matters) the current CYD National Coordinator. I called back the following day, Thursday 24th March 22.
He said it was an invitation for meeting from VP but he has already replaced me with the Amir of NACOMYO. So it ends there.
I presented a lecture at Kogi State University. on 29th March 2022 (Tuesday Night) and I left Kogi State the following morning I.e Wednesday 30th March 2022, but before I got to Abuja Dr. Tahir called and told me we are meeting at Green Land Hotel in Jabi by 1:30 PM. So, I met them at the meeting. There at the meeting I got to know that we are seeing the VP that same day by 4:30 PM. The agenda sent from his Office shows that he is to speak last. Therefore, I among few others objected.
* I said “It is unethical for him to invite us and ask us to speak first, rather we listen to what he has to say before responding”
* In other to take cautions I further related my experience at the time when Emir Jakolo of Gwandu was dethroned. The Governor invited the council of Ulama and at the meeting, very few of us spoke. Which I was among and I was the only person that challenge the Governor, but at the time of the NTA News, the video was shown but the voice was muted. And they told the Nigerians that the Kebbi State Council of Ulama has approved the action.
Therefore, the VP’s SA Media was immediately contacted for adjustment.
* It was unanimously agreed that, the meeting is not a political meeting, therefore no issue of politics should be raised.
* It was collectively agreed that four people should speak
* First from South West (Not representing any religious Organization), only to appreciate him for the invitation. Prof. Abideen Olaiya was nominated to do that.
* Second, from South-South (Not representing any religious Organization), was to speak on the denial of qualified Muslims from government opportunities in the South-South and South East.
Third was North West and I was nominated by Prof. Sahabi Danladi Mahuta CYD Deputy Chairman Kebbi State and was seconded by the Chief Imam Abuja National Mosque, Prof. Ibrahim Maqari. To speak on the present predicament faced by the Nigeria Youth. I addressed the issue of the increasing rate of banditry and Kidnapping as a consequence of Academic insecurity Viz: ASSU strike. I said an indolent mind is a devil’s workshop. Not denying the fact that the Federal Government have done a lot to support the Youth, but more needs to be done to control the current ugly situation.
* I further said, although we are not blaming the Government for North not to have private Universities, the redundancy situation is less in the south due presence of private Universities and many students are in School, unlike the North.
* I spoke on the youth that escape banditry, ran to some satellite settlement in Abuja operating Okada transport business, who are unjustly being harassed by some agencies.
* All these before finally as every other person that spoke, I, acknowledged the invaluable contribution of the government (not the VP) to nation development. But nothing was captured except the acknowledgment for whatever interest.
*The fourth and final speaker was the National Chairman of CYD. Prof. Siraj Abdulkareem, who spoke on the religious intolerance among Muslims and Christians in Nigeria and the expected role of the VP as a religious Cleric and Academician even before his appointment as the VP.
* The meeting was for INTELLECTUALS AND ULAMA as clearly written on the agenda of the meeting prepared from the Office of the VP. We can see it annexed.
* Nobody was there to represent his Organization, rather the CYD.
* CYD is a coalescence of Organizations some times in collaboration with the Christian Organization. And that was how it was introduced before the VP.
Attached is the printed copy of the agenda, scanned.
My name is not written as the National Amir of MSSN, but USTAZ SHEHU USMAN.
. BILLAH AL-AZEEM this is the whole of it that happened at the meeting.
WE SHOULD AS WELL NOTE THAT; WHENEVER THE NEED ARISES, OUR NOBLE SOCIETY WILL NOT BE LEFT BEHIND IN IDENTIFYING OURSELVES AS STAKEHOLDERS IN ATTAINING CREDIBLE LEADERSHIP AND GOOD GOVERNANCE AT ALL LEVELS OF THE SOCIETY.
MUHAMMAD GREMA BUKAR
For: National President
APPLICATION FOR 2022 HAJJ LICENCE AND SLOT ALLOCATION FOR TRAVEL AGENCIES
IN PICTURES: What led to the establishment of Muslim News, Nigeria’s most authoritative Islamic Newspaper
SUPPORT MUSLIM NEWS NIGERIA
With your generous financial contributions to MUSLIM NEWS, you are helping to sustain a culture of journalistic integrity that promotes tranquil Islamic values and ensures it remains free and available to all.
Rawshield PR Company
Guaranty Trust Bank